taste of perth

a bit of a late post, but it's up nonetheless!

A few weekends ago, I was invited down to Taste of Perth, a festival for food, wine lovers and the like. Here are some of my personal highlights of the food I was able to taste. 


nobu perth
wagyu beef tataki, with onion salsa and ponzu. 

yellowtail sashimi, with jalapeño and yuzu soy. 

crispy soft shell crab, with watermelon and amazu ponzu. 

chuka soba noodle soup "nobu style ramen".

I'm a huge fan of Japanese cuisine, so the Nobu dishes were easily a favourite. Amazing service by the team, might I add. 


silks - crown perth 
pork belly with deep fried mantou bun. 

Not usually a fan of pork belly or anything fried, but how pretty is it?! Also, it did actually taste quite nice, and if you love the taste of pork belly fat, well - let's just say this pork belly pretty much melted in your mouth. The mantou buns were nice, it had a subtle sweetness that I really enjoyed. 

print hall 
potato gnocchi, with roast pumpkin, chèvre, almonds (v). 

Mmm, anything with pumpkin grabs my attention straight away. This potato gnocchi from Print Hall did not fail to impress me either.  Great balance of chewiness of the gnocchi, softness from the pumpkin purée, and almond crunch. Would I order this from their menu? Yes. 

cinnamon spiced beignets, with rum custard. 

Yumm, like spiced soft custard-y donuts!


photo by Andy Huang. 

Thanks again, Taste of Perth, for having me down. My stomach was definitely satisfied. If you love food and want to try absolutely everything on the menu, make sure you head down to the next event in Perth. Oh, and bring lots of cash though... 

Comments

Popular Posts