top paddock - melbourne


top paddock infamous hotcakes


blueberry and ricotta hotcake with berries, organic maple, seeds and double cream ($19.50).

chilli scrambled eggs

 

chilli scrambled eggs with local seasonal mushrooms & feta on toast ($18.50).

'the lot'


top paddock: chorizo, pickled onion, peppers, basil, bacon, Adelaide green tomatoes, poached eggs & relish on toast (22.00).

pulled pork special


pulled pork, asian coleslaw salad, pork cracking, soft brioche bun


broccolini, sugar snaps and avo


grilled broccolini & sugar snaps with avocado, toasted almonds, poached eggs & heidi raclette cheese on toast ($18.50).



I was recently in Melbourne for a youth group movement 'training camp'. We decided to stay back to explore, and of course, eat. One of my favourite Melbourne breakfast cafés would have to be Top Paddock, the older sister cafe to The Kettle Black.  During my last visit to TP, I ordered the Bircher Muesli with Green Tea Poached Pear. This time around, and thankfully due to their similar menus, I had to go back to try the hotcake that I demolished from TKB.

And gurrl, so happy I did - it tasted even better than I remembered! Fiona and I decided to share the broccolini dish and hotcakes together, so we had the best of both savoury and sweet worlds. 

You know what the best thing about brunch, or just eating with people in general is? Sharing meals, hands down.  That's why eating shouldn't be a lone thing, it's a social outing. I'd personally make social eating a reason to indulge, any day. 

Shout out to my Melbourne girls Vily, Jenny and Lisa, for taking us Perth girls out to shop and eat during our short stay. 

I've got a few more Melbourne food posts coming up soon, so be on the look out for that. 

x


Comments

Popular Posts