pressed daily cleanse


The lovely team at Pressed Daily sent me a cleanse to try out during this festive season, or should I say, for after this food-belly-prone season... I know I for sure ate a little too much than I should have, and so this cleanse came at such perfect timing! I chose the No.1 Cleanse which they describe as "perfect for the virgin cleanser", for those that haven't tried juicing before, or those that want to start afresh "after a big weekend". Yep, that's me after my Christmas and Boxing Day feasts. 

This cleanse includes seven different juices, and it's recommended to space out these drinks evenly throughout the day in 2 - 3 hour intervals. They suggest that you shouldn't do any vigorous exercises that day, and instead replace these with some light walks to accelerate the lymphatic and circulatory systems.  

Below, I'll take you step by step throughout my day, and how I found each juice. 



8:04 AM.
KICKSTART.
Alkaline Water, Lemon, Ginger, Chia Seeds & Cayenne Pepper.

I woke up excited to try this cleanse out. I had work today from 11am to 4pm, so I was a little worried how I would go energy-levels-wise, since I would only get a 10 minute break as well for that shift. I started the day with a glass of water, and then sipped on the Kickstart juice while I was getting my face ready for work. Not going to lie, this juice was a struggle to get through since it wasn't all that appetising. The ginger and cayenne pepper were probably the most prominent flavours. 



10:15 AM.
IMMUNITY.
Carrot, Orange, Lemon, Ginger & Turmeric.

After 9AM mass finished, I sipped on this Immunity juice on the way to work. I usually quite like the flavour of carrots in juices, but this also had a strong aftertaste of ginger, which I'm not the biggest fan of. Nevertheless, I was hungry, so I got through this pretty quickly. 



2:10 PM.
HYDRATE.
Watermelon, Apple, Mint & Lime.

I specifically packed the three juices sans ginger in a small cooler bag with ice packs to bring to work. I finally had my 10 minute break, and skulled through the Hydrate very quickly, as I was quite thirsty by this hour. To my surprise, I wasn't even that lethargic, I was just thirsty. Perhaps it was because I was constantly on the go at work, and distracted enough by customers that my body had no time to think of food? It could also be all the nutrients from the raw cold-pressed juices that kept me going? Yeah, most likely. Let's go with that. 

I thoroughly enjoyed the taste of the Hydrate. I mean, who wouldn't like the combination of watermelon and apple?



4:20 PM.
BOOST.
Cucumber, Celery, Kale & Lime. 

I am a huge fan of green juices, so I was excited to try this one out. The Boost juice has a savoury taste, but a sense of crispness and freshness to it. Most likely due to the dominant flavours of the cucumber and celery. I had this after finishing work, while on my way to a rehearsal performance. 



6:35 PM.
NOURISH.
Celery, Beetroot, Apple & Lemon. 

By this stage, my stomach wasn't coping at the thought of any more ginger. Even though this Nourish juice didn't have any, it must have been a reaction from the first two juices. My friend saw it on the table, commenting on the vibrant colour, anticipating it to taste really good. I let him try it first, expecting him to pull a face that said "not so much" over it. To my own astonishment, he nodded in approval of the taste. After tasting it for myself, I had to agree; this juice actually was really nice! There's a nice sweetness from the beetroot and apple, and a freshness from the celery. 



8:30 PM.
PICK ME UP.
Apple, Celery, Ginger & Lemon.

Energy-wise, I was totally fine by this hour. After dancing and rehearsing for two hours (non-professionally I will add), I definitely did not have time to think about how tired I might be. I probably didn't pick the best day to space these juices out very well, and it was getting quite late, so I drank this quickly as soon as I got home. 



 10:40 PM.
REST.
Strawberry, Medjool dates, Vanilla Bean & Activated Almond Milk.


I'm a huge almond lover, and I always take almond milk with my coffees or iced lattes (these days, rice milk is also my go to).  So I already knew this one would taste great. Surprise surprise, it tasted amazing. The combination of the sweet, juicy strawberries, milkiness of the vanilla bean and nuttiness of the activated almonds were indeed a hit. 

Well done, Pressed Daily, you've created a killer combo. 


This cleanse definitely came at perfect timing, I would definitely recommend. Pressed Daily have three different cleanses which you can try out depending how full on you want to cleanse ;) 
You can find Pressed Daily juices at a range of different locations too, and can get them to deliver your juices over if you live close by. 

I picked mine up over at Brighton Food Markets. The store manager Con, was absolutely delightful. I would definitely recommend a visit if you're a lover of raw and fresh produce. 

Thanks so much to the team at Pressed Daily, once again! x 




Comments

Popular Posts