stimulatte cafe

When Top Dup informed Jocelyn and I that we had won a box of six TopDup donuts to share, we were ecstatic! It was all thanks to the photo when Joce took my topdup donut virginity and I posted this picture on Instagram. 

So, when they asked us where we wanted to collect our box of delicious donuts, we decided to make a brunch date out of it at one of the regular Thursday Top Dup donut suppliers; Stimulatte Cafe
I personally love the Stimulatte menu, but the kitchen only opens until 11.30am, so make sure you arrive well before then. 

Weather was warm, yet cloudy - my favourite kind of natural lighting, and Joce picked the perfect square table outside. 



matcha latte (regular and iced)


I had the iced matcha latte. The perfect choice when I knew I didn't quite want an iced coffee, and neither a juice. It was slightly sweet, perhaps an addition of honey? 

the copenhagen 


My second time ordering The Copenhagen, and it tasted even better than what I remembered. A very generous serving of smoked ocean trout, and the combination of raw kale and radish gave the dish a nice salty and crunch crisp. As always, perfectly poached eggs with the yolk oozing from the centre. 


smoked ocean trout, raw kale, radish, poached eggs and house made dukkah ($17.00) GF 

crunchy potato


I've never seen such a huge serving of thickly cut chorizo on a plate before. We felt like this dish needed more greens or something 'softer' to absorb everything. There was an overall crunchy and crispy consistency which was a bit much, especially with the fried potato rosti, the chorizo and the red quinoa. Poached eggs were great, of course. 


red quinoa, chorizo and potato rosti topped with poached eggs ($17.50) GF



After demolishing our dishes, it was time to start prepping for our TopDup donut 'photoshoot'. The guys at Stimulatte were incredibly accommodating, offering us props and coffee to add and improve the photos. 

Below are some sneak peak shots, the rest will be on a separate blog post coming soon. 


Shout out to TopDup Donuts for making this happen, and Stimulatte Cafe for their great customer service. We'll be back for sure! x

Comments

  1. All the food looks very delicious. I am sure you had a great time at this café. That drink also looks interesting. I have its recipe and will try it at home. Well, I regularly take the healthy Green drink too in my diet. It’s very beneficial for the health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for discussing this amazing content with us! I can totally agree with your fantastic ideas. Tools For Baristas

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts