pressed earth seasonal cleanse: my thoughts



I was out shooting for an upcoming blog post with my photographer friend, Andy, and we decided to check out The Boatshed Market in Cottesloe. Upon walking in, you'll see a large open space, filled with bright and colourful fresh, organic produce and aisles of products. 



Strange Lane Store 'Feeling Lucky' Clutch

There's a bakery to your left, a fresh seafood market, hundreds of items for your pantry, and my favourite part of the market, the samples! There were cheese samples, nacho and dip samples, fresh juice... but the one stall in the front that stood out to me the most, was the Pressed Earth pop up stall. 


Andy and I spent quite a lot of time tasting the pressed juices, and speaking to Ruth about all the benefits of each flavour juice. Not to mention, taking multiple photos. 


I've always wanted to try one of these juice cleanses, and Ruth kindly suggested that I try the Seasonal Cleanse for Spring

This seasonal cleanse takes the freshest ingredients of Spring to give you six different nutrient dense juices to be enjoyed in one day for "a boost of essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants". Now who wouldn't want some of that?

I picked up my sample box from the Pressed Earth Store in Claremont on Thursday afternoon, and since these juices stay fresh refrigerated for up to three days, I decided to start it on the Friday morning. 

Read below to see my thoughts about the juices throughout the day.



It's Friday morning, I wake up quite early, excited to start the day.


8.20 AM

o n e 
greens three: for immunity
kale, kiwi, granny smith apple, cucumber, ginger 



Upon my first sip, and after hours of anticipation, the first word that comes to mind - refreshing. It's sweet thanks to the kiwi and apple, but there is a strong aftertaste of ginger. I'm not a huge fan of ginger in drinks, but it's soothing and I finish it while I'm taking photos of the other juices. 




10.05 AM

t w o
the palm: for alkalinity
honeydew, kiwi, green apple, lemon


It's recommended that you space out your six drinks every 2 hours to avoid feeling hungry during the day. I'm a breakfast/brunch girl, so I love my food in the morning. 10.05am is usually brunch time too, so by this state I'm getting quite hungry. This juice has a strong citrus taste, but it turns out to be extremely inviting and refreshing.


11.14 AM



So by this stage, I'm feeling light and detoxified - possibly thanks to the number of toilet breaks I've had from study, haha! I'm slightly hungry, but not starving, and I'm excited for 12PM to come. 


12.30 PM

t h r e e

greens five: for energy
kale, cos lettuce, silverbeet, cucumber, celery, lemon, parsley



Turns out I am feeling absolutely fine, and almost forget that it is time for the next juice! The greens five is my third drink. It tastes savoury, if I had to describe the taste in one word - it would be 'salad'. Look at the ingredients (kale, cos lettuce, silverbeet, cucumber, celery, lemon, parsley), of course it should taste like a blended salad. I'm a big fan of salad, so it tastes nice to me. 


3.10 PM

f o u r
appetite: for hunger
lemon, pear, cayenne, mineral water


Maybe it's because I only had time to drink this fourth drink after more than the suggested two hours, but all I can think about is how perfect and fitting the name of this drink is for my current mood. I am extremely hungry by now, and I down this drink quite quickly. I'm thoroughly enjoying how good it tastes too! I can taste the cayenne, and it tastes like a nice spicy, healthy carbonated drink.



4.26 PM


I'm feeling fine by the late afternoon, maybe it's because I'm preoccupied with errands. If you do this cleanse, I'd recommend keeping busy, not to the extent where you're going to be exhausted and super hungry though. I decide to take a quick nap because I'm feeling a bit sleepy.

7.10 PM 

f i v e
alphabet: for circulation
pink lady apple, carrot, beetroot, lemon, ginger


For some reason, I'm having trouble drinking this one. I think my stomach doesn't want to take in any more fluids, and I'm not feeling hungry anymore. The ginger is quite strong in this again, maybe that's why I don't like this one as much as any of the other juices. You know that feeling when you head out and have a hearty dinner and you're feeling absolutely stuffed? But someone mentions dessert, and you're thinking "Hell yes, I have room for dessert". That's right, we have a separate stomach, and there's always room for dessert! By this stage, I'm full, but so excited to try the last one.


8.30 PM

s i x 
coco nuts: for hydration
almonds, coconut water, mineral water


It's sad to think this is the last drink of the day. The moment is bittersweet, and I feel like I've gone on an emotional (or digestion-al) roller coaster ride with these six Pressed Earth juices. Nevertheless, I'm beyond excited to have my last drink.

Two of my favourite things in the world; almonds and coconut water. Of course I'm expecting this one to taste absolutely incredible! I'm taking my first sip and totally exceeds my expectations - it's so delicious! I would happily drink this all day, every day if I could. 


 I've had such an incredible experience trying out the Spring Seasonal Cleanse from Pressed Earth. I definitely recommend it to anyone that wants to detoxify their digestive system after a huge cheat meal (or week... I know I've been there), to restore that balance of vitamins, minerals and nutrients in your body. If you're usually a clean eater, or just want to try something different, you would love this! I seriously believe that anyone and everyone could benefit from a day of cleansing. By the end of the day, I felt so refreshed, happy and just all-round, good. The morning after, I felt even better, and quite sad that I didn't have any left to drink, to be honest. 



Special thanks to Ruth from the Pressed Earth team for letting me try this out. I'll definitely be back grabbing your juices from all the different cafes that stock your juices. You can find a list here. I know I'll be back for a cleanse after Christmas... 



Comments

Popular Posts