The Old Laundry - North Perth



I drive past North Perth almost every day to get to UWA, so when I found out about the new cafe on the block, I just had to go and try out their menu! On this particular day, I was meeting up with my primary school (!!) friend, Shanelle (who I've made plans to meet up with since December 2014), so this catch up was a long time coming.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA



I had a prior sneak peak of their menu from their Instagram and Facebook, so upon entering, I already knew what I wanted to order.  It was quite chilly that morning, but we wanted the outside table for the gorgeous lighting.

First up, a soy latte and green tea, please!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Soy Latte ($3.50 + 50c) and Green Tea ($3.50)



Sweet Potato & Chorizo Hash


Shanelle ordered this dish that was as pretty as a picture. She said it was really nice, with the small disappointment that it was just a little dry, especially when the key ingredients were potatoes and chorizo. Perhaps some sort of dressing on the side would help add some moisture?

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Sweet potato, potato, chorizo, caramelised onion jam, fried egg, rocket, lime, herbs ($17.00)



Smashed Pumpkin Bruschetta


Absolutely fell in love with both presentation and taste for this dish. My favourite smashed pumpkin dish to date! And trust, I've had a few in my time...

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

A generous serving of smashed pumpkin, poached egg, hazelnut dukkah, feta, honey and dill dressing ($16.00)

Anyways, sorry I've been so MIA - I had my last exam for the trimester last week, which meant studying at uni all week, cheap $2.50 soy lattes and home-packed lunches. Yes, it's true - for all you guys that ask; sadly I don't actually have that much money for brunch every day haha! I'm still only a student and part-time worker, please.


OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Astonishing outdoor terrace at the back.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I'm definitely going to visit again, very soon. Really want to try the Peanut Butter and Jelly Tart and Granola next!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We headed for dessert at this super cute hidden garden cafe, blog post about that soon.


The Old Laundry

22 Angove Street, North Perth.

OPENING HOURS

MON - THURS: 7AM - 11PM
FRI - SAT: 7AM - 12AM
SUN: 7AM - 10PM

Comments

  1. I am also wanting to visit this place, I went last week not realising breakfast finished at 11.30 until lunch started. Your choices look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw no! Hope you get to try the breakfast menu! It's so good! Highly recommend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts