hylin - birthday brunch


It was my 21st birthday last week, and I did have quite a few things in mind to do to celebrate this milestone. However, stress temporarily got the better of me, and within seconds, I decided not to do anything anymore. Thankfully, I am blessed with friends who know always exactly what to say when I'm feeling down, and consequently, they ended up convincing me out of the house for a birthday brunch at Hylin to celebrate.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA




OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA



SOY LATTE


I'm a 'soy latte' girl, but Janelle had asked specifically for it to be made in a green mug for me, just for the photo (she knows me too well). It was creamy and had a velvety texture, just the way a soy latte should be.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA


SMOKED BACON AND ROASTED FIELD MUSHROOM


Trust Janelle to browse over the menu and pick the first thing she sees with bacon in it. You know how the best foodie friendship is when one person dislikes a certain food, but the other absolutely loves it? That's why every time we eat out, Janelle ends up with a pile of bacon on her dish, and me with all her left over greens. Works perfectly doesn't it?

Although an avid bacon lover, she did say that the field mushrooms were the perfect addition which ensured a nice balance to the saltiness of the bacon.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

smoked bacon, crushed pea, roasted field mushroom, with rocket and grated parmesan on ciabatta ($16.50)



AÇAI BOWL AND GRANOLA


The first time I had this Açai bowl about a month ago, it was love at first sight. I love anything that tastes cool and refreshing, and the fact that it's so colourful is just a bonus.  This time around, there was missing kiwi fruit, which was disappointing, but I guess that's seasonal fruit for you!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

açai, banana, mixed berries, coconut water with banana, strawberry and blueberry toppings ($11.00).



VEGETARIAN BREAKFAST BURRITO


Linda had woken up extra early to study before my birthday brunch (and was already in the Leedy neighbourhood for a coffee), so she opted for a lighter option that morning.

Like the majority of my friends, she loves her hearty meaty dishes. Extrapolating from that fact, you know this vege burrito must have been good when she repeatedly says "it's really good!"

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

spinach, mushroom, scrambled egg, cheese, corn salsa and guacamole ($9.00).


SMASHED AVOCADO AND EGGS


I'm definitely a 'smashed avo and eggs' girl, so when I don't see any smashed avocado option on the menu, I get a little frantic.

This morning I felt like the Açai bowl, but I was ecstatic when Linh notified me she was ordering this dish. Smashed avo is always a good photo op.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

two poached eggs, smashed avocado, rocket on sour dough, GF ($15.50)

As I'm sure you all know, natural window lighting is the best kind of lighting you can ask for in a cafe. So if you want a place to experiment your food photos, definitely pop by Hylin for ample window lighting, great music choice, a relaxed atmosphere and spot-on coffee.

And on that note, special shout out to these girls for making the start of my birthday morning so special :)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA



HYLIN


178 Railway Pde,
West Leederville,  Perth 6005


OPENING HOURS


DAILY 6:30 AM - 3PM
CLOSED SUNDAY

Comments

  1. […] When my co-foodie blogger friend, Fran visited Pixel Coffee Brewers earlier, she recommended me the Açai Bowl since I absolutely love the one from Hylin. […]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts