architects and heroes



My sister and I needed a good filling brunch before a Sunday Study Sesh, so I decided to take her to Subiaco and try out one of my go-to Subiaco brunch cafes! They have an all-day breakfast menu which always makes for a happy Vic.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA



OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
It seems like majority of the brunch cafes are very small, and Architects & Heroes is no exception. They have limited tables inside, and a few outdoor good for large groups or sharing.  The wait is usually quite long due to the limited seating, but that is obviously justified by the popularity and quality of the food.

Since it was only supposed to be a quick brunch for study fuel, we ordered a mixed Watermelon and Apple Juice to share.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Apple and Watermelon Juice ($5.00)

I've been here a couple of times before, and the wait for food isn't usually too bad - however on this occasion, we thought it was quite strange that the couple sitting next to us on the shared table, who ordered their food after we did, received their's first.  Now usually I wouldn't be too fussed at all, but then we knew something was up when they finished their food, left, and all we had in front of us was the almost-empty glass of juice...

Ruth, one of the baristas/waitresses, was a babe and came by our table to check up on our order.  Turned out they lost our orders so they offered us complimentary drinks to apologise for the long wait.


OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Iced Latte ($5.50) and Watermelon Juice ($5.00)



H O U S E  M A D E  G R A N O L A


OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA


OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA






House made granola with seasonal fruits, raspberry coulis and mango purée ($18.00)


C R U M P E T S


I've ordered these twice before already and they've never disappointed, so I recommended Alex to get these. What's more is that they have popping candy, and you can't ever go wrong with popping candy.






OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA







Crumpets; macerated strawberries & vanilla mascarpone, butterscotch, mixed nuts and popping candy ($17.00)

The menu is definitely towards the pricier end, especially since the portions are relatively small. Nevertheless, It's one of those cafés you definitely have to visit though - their coffee is amazing!

Also, fun fact - on one of my visits to AH, upon standing on their stool to take a flatlay, my shoe got stuck to my bag and I completely stacked it onto the ground... How embarrassing (I know), but the waiter came to help me up and thankfully there was no one else inside eating at the time. And hey - it obviously wasn't too traumatic that here I am coming back for more food.



Architects and Heroes

25 Rokeby Road, Subiaco WA.



OPENING HOURS

MON - SAT: 6.30AM - 4.00PM
SUN: 6.30AM - 3.00PM





Comments

Popular Posts